Terms & Conditions
PLACING AN ORDER OVER THE PHONE
If you would like to place an order by phone or would like any assistance with an order please call us on: Websales Customer Service +44 (0)1805 626221.
PRIVACY & SECURITY
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information we collect on the Dartington Crystal on-line site to process and fulfil your orders and notify you of your order status. From time to time we would like to be able to pass your information to carefully selected third parties that offer products or services that we have identified as likely to be of interest to you. By entering into an agreement with us when you placed an order, subscribed to our newsletter, entered a competition, prize draw or used a voucher code supplied by us or on our behalf, or joined our membership, you have consented to this use of your data. You may ask us at any point not to share your information with third parties for this purpose, by contacting email@example.com.
The Dartington Crystal online store is operated by: Dartington Crystal (Torrington) Ltd, Torrington, Devon, EX38 7AN, ENGLAND [T] (0)1805 626262 [E] firstname.lastname@example.org
All products are subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time. If your order cannot be fulfilled, you will be offered an alternative or given a full refund. The majority of our orders are packaged in Dartington branded boxes. We will take all care within our power to keep your order and payment details secure. In the unlikely event that your goods are lost in transit or arrive damaged, please notify us by emailing us an image of the broken item, along with your order number to email@example.com within 14 days of your original date of purchase.
We offer a range of personalisation services, however as a company Dartington Crystal will not engrave any form of swearing or profanity as part of our personalisation service. We are not able to offer refunds or accept returns/exchanges on any personalised products, unless the item you receive is damaged or defective, or if there has been an error on our behalf. We provide our customers with various opportunities to check and confirm all personalisation and inputted information - Please check your order on screen and the confirmation email carefully as we cannot refund products which have been spelt incorrectly. When ordering via our online visualisation system all text must be within the blue boundary show on the image. Failure to do this will mean an error in your engraving for which Dartington crystal will not be liable.
Due to the nature of some of our products, engraving may differ from the generated visualisation as these will be engraved by hand by our professional engraver.
FIRST QUALITY & SECOND QUALITY CRYSTAL
Crafting by hand is never perfect, because of this our first quality product can have up to 3 air bubbles and still pass our thorough quality inspection. Every glass is individually made so no glass is identical to the next. We have a range of tolerances within our quality inspection which are adhered to by the finishing teams. A certain proportion of our crystal will not pass this inspection and these are regarded as 'seconds' which may have larger or more frequent air bubbles, blemishes or an irregularity in thickness or shape. These imperfections are often difficult to spot and these pieces are perfectly functional without any cracks or chips.
eGift Cards values range from £10 to £500 and are available online at https://www.dartington.co.uk/gift-card
We’ll require full payment with a debit or credit card for security purposes. We're sorry that we are unable to accept American Express as payment.
eGift Cards are non-returnable and cannot be exchanged for cash and can only be redeemed online at dartington.co.uk.
An eGift card ("eGift Card") is not a cheque guarantee, credit or charge card. An eGift Card is one purchased online and issued to the recipient via email or other electronic means.
All remaining balances for purchases exceeding the value of your eGift Card must be paid by credit card, debit card or paypal.If your purchase is less than the value of the eGift Card no change will be given but the balance may be applied to future purchases.
eGift Cards will expire 12 months from receipt of the eGift card by email.
PAYMENT, PRICING & PROMOTIONS
Please be advised, all promotions on www.dartington.co.uk only apply to orders placed online. This does not include any corporate or bespoke items and cannot be used when engraving images or logos.
The following terms and conditions apply to all transactions on the Dartington Crystal web site. Please read them carefully and print a copy for your records. All prices shown are pounds sterling and include UK VAT. All other prices shown in different currencies shown are indicative only, based on third party currency rates that we can not accept responisibilty for. The actual cost to you will be the £ Sterling charge to your credit / charge card converted to your local currency by your card provider on the day that your account is charged. Conversion rates shown are for indicative purposes only. We reserve the right to change any advertised price before you place an order. Payment can be made by any major credit, debit card or via paypal. Payment will be debited from your account before the despatch of your order. For your protection, all credit card transactions are routed through our secure payments provider. The purchaser is liable for any import duties or local taxes that may apply.
While we try and ensure that all prices on our website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of goods you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If your order is cancelled and you have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund.
No contract for the sale of any product will subsist between you and Dartington Crystal until Dartington Crystal dispatches the product(s) ordered.
For sales applicable to the State of California USA Prop 65 WARNING: Consuming food or beverages that have been kept or served in leaded crystal products or handling products made of leaded crystal will expose you to lead - a chemical known to the state of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Promotions and discount codes are only valid on full priced product and exclude already discounted items, outlet stock and Jeffery West Designs
Queen's Jubliee Competition
- For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, "The Promoter" refers to **Dartington Crystal** "The Prize" refers to **1 x Queen's Jubilee Champagne Flute and 1 x Queen's Jubilee Paperweight**
- By entering the competition you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Promotors competitions with entry via Facebook are open only to residents of Great Britain (excluding Northern Ireland). One (1) winner will be chosen at random from all entrants and across all platforms.
- No purchase necessary. Winners will not be required to pay to enter the competition.
- Entrants must be over 18 years old on the date of their entry.
- Employees of The Promoter are not eligible to enter.
- Facebook is not in any way affiliated or involved in the competition.
- The Prize will be awarded to a randomly selected winner who has entered on Facebook. The Promoter will not be held liable if the named prize becomes unavailable or cannot be fulfilled.
- The Promoter will not be help liable for any failure of receipt of entries. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any entries which are lost, delayed, illegible, corrupted, damaged, incomplete or otherwise invalid.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, The Promoter’s liability under or in connection with the competition or these terms and conditions shall be limited to the cost price of the Prize in question.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, The Promoter shall not be liable under or in connection with these terms and conditions, the competition or any Prize for any indirect, special or consequential cost, expense, loss or damage suffered by a participant even if such cost, expense, loss or damage was reasonably foreseeable or might reasonably have been contemplated by the participant and the promoter and whether arising from breach of contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise.
- Prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable. No cash alternative is available. Where a Prize becomes unavailable for any reason, the promoter reserves the right to substitute that prize for a prize of equal or higher value.
- The name, address, email address and phone number of the winner must be provided to The Promoter if requested and will be shared to enable fulfilment of the Prize.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond The Promoter’s reasonable control, the promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition or these terms and conditions, either in whole or in part, with or without notice.
- The Promoter's decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner’s name and social media username may be posted on the social media profiles of The Promotor after the winner has been selected.
As the manufacturer and supplier of Dartington Crystal and glass we want to offer our customers an unbeatable product choice and service capability. If you find the same product from an authorised online UK Stockist for sale for less (including any delivery costs) we will match the price.
Exceptions: Price promise applications must be made prior to purchase on dartington.co.uk or any other website owned by Dartington Crystal ltd. We waive the right to match delivery costs should this be a benefit of a paid subscription service. For example - Amazon Prime. We will not be able to match any limited time offers or discounted prices due to a voucher code.
If you'd like to opt out of cookies, please go to the Network Advertising Initiative website (opens in a new window - please note that we're not responsible for the content of external websites).
Customers can access their account information through the My Account button in the top left of each screen to manage the information held within. Should you have any difficulties accessing this please